Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A VERY long day!

     I don't think we could have done this on our own. No one spoke English. NO ONE! Luckily we had help (cute girl named, Ae) from our relocation company. We spent all day yesterday registering our address with the city ward office, getting a bank account and setting up my cellphone. (Of course his works everywhere, even worked in Cambodia when we went there in May, annoying!) Those three things took us almost 7 hours. The wait at the city office was pretty typical.  Most of the time was spent at the bank, for only a saving account! They don't do credit cards here. It is primary a cash system. Let me tell you how annoying it was that they didn't even need my signature. My husband actually had to fill our the form to add me to the account and he signed for me. My feminist self, was clawing to come out. You would be proud I refrained,(barely)! Well if you don't count the "You don't even need my signature?" comment with my eyebrow raised, I made to the bank associate. 
This is Lincoln trying to perfect THE eyebrow raise. Not quite there but close!

     The day ended well. We picked the kids up from the bus stop and walked to our new home. It's a bit empty. They have a furniture rental place that gave us the basics. (I do mean basic). It's home so no complaints here. We can start setting up some routines. This mom is in some desperate need for stability. All of the utlitlies get hooked up tomorrow and we are set!



No comments:

Post a Comment