Monday, September 19, 2016

This is the Way We Wash Our Clothes

     I realize I've talked about the wash before, but I felt it needed to be revisited. I have mastered a few things. First, I have managed to figure out the cleaning process and no longer have wrinkled jeans and towels. Bonus! However, I am still trying to figure out what all these symbols mean. (Hoping one is a magic dry in 5 minutes. A girl can dream). Second, I've managed not to shrink anything yet. Bonus #2! Our apartment have the washer/dryer combo. I was given two, but it doesn't really speed things up.

     It takes on average 45 minutes to wash one small load. It's the drying that is killing me though. It takes up to 3 hours, yes 3, to dry the same small load. The amount of eletricity alone to dry one load is astronomical. (Did I mention how crazy expensive electricity is here? 1 week cost us about $100.) We have some pretty high tech showers which allow me to hang my clothes and dry them. This shortens the time to 1-2 hours. Then I throw them in the dryer for a quick 10 minutes with fabric softener to make them soft. 
     Needless to say, laundry is a full day affair. I took me 14 hours to do all of my family's laundry this week. I thought I hated laundry before, but this process has brough a whole new hate to the process. So, the next time you complain about your stacks of laundry (my stacks haven't gotten any smaller here) just think of the hoops I have to jump through for clean clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment