Friday, September 9, 2016

It's Ok to be a Sheep.

     If you know me at all you know that I'm not follower. I tend to blaze my own trail. In fact, I kind of like this about myself. (The only exception to this is when my husband is in charge. He tends to out aggressive me. It's not my favorite, but I've come to accept it.) I'm independent, like to do things on my own, and don't typically ask for help. My husband recently commented to me on how moving to a foreign country is "universally disruptive." It effects every aspect of your life; food, clothes, shelter, work, friends, language, transportation, etc. When you are in these circumstance you can sink or swim. The balance is finding when you need to blaze your own trail and when you should take a step back. During these ardious times I often find myself in, I have come to the conclusion, it's ok to be a sheep sometimes.


      So, what brought on this enlightenment you ask? The grocery store. LOL Because everything important to me boils down to my stomach. I was standing in the noodle aisle, this is a very daunting thing. There are a lot of different noodles here, and it takes forever to google translate each label. So, I took a step back and watched what other women in the store were picking up. There seemed to be 3 or 4 packages that were staples. I went from 30 labels to 4. Low and behold I found what I was looking for. Then I went to check out...Side note here: This was the best $20 I have ever spent in my life. Right here...

   After checking out and filling up my rolling grocery bag, (which I love, did I mention that???) I saw a man walking over to an ice maker. He took a few plastic bags from the shelf, filled them with ice, tied them up and stuck them in his bag to keep his food cold. In my typical storm through life fashion, I would have never noticed the ice available to me. I filled up a few bags myself, stuffed them around my fridgables and headed home. As I made my way to the subway, I realized how many times I had found myself following in others footsteps today and that's when my epiphany happened. Little did these strangers know, they were teaching me a life lesson and making my grocery shopping a little easier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment