Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It's Me not You.

     It's been a little bit since I posted. I came down with a lovely head cold that took me out for a few days. Let me tell you, trying to translate enough of the back of a box of medicine to make sure you don't overdose, but assuring you get enough to make a dent in your misery, when you feel like trash is a real treat. I am better now, no worries. Just a small bump in my otherwise incredibly bumpy road.
     While I'm on the topic of colds I wanted to share some info about the masks. You know what I'm talking about. There isn't a picture out there of an Asian city where you don't see at least one person with a white mask on their face. They are everywhere! For the longest time, I believed these people were germophobes constantly in fear of contracting someone's cooties. Here is a little bit you may not know. It's not you it's them. These incredibly curtious individuals are wearing masks, because they are sick and don't want to share their cold with you. They also wear them during allergy season. Although I don't know how much the masks help with allergies. I'll update you when that time of year rolls around. So, the next time you see some one with a mask on don't judge just offer them an "Arigatogozaimasita" (thank you) for making the extra effort to keep you healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment