Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My Comeback

   It's been a crazy couple of months. Sorry to bail right when it was starting to get good, but I had some technical errors that couldn't be helped. My Macbook Pro of 8 years, decided to crash, and made its way back to the big Apple heaven in the sky. With its demise went my 12 page paper (due one week later) for my advanced writing class, and homework for two other classes. Luckily I had been backing up my photos and what I thought was important (homework has now made that list) and my entire life wasn't lost. I spent the next 5 weeks borrowing my kids' electronics. It was...not my favorite, and let's just leave it at that.
   Then Christmas came, which was, to put it mildly a freaking nightmare! My husband is one of the most difficult people to shop for. Trying to find something, Christmas morning worthy, in a city where I have limited knowledge of where to find things, was a near impossible task. Let's be honest I didn't know what to look for and there wasn't and isn't a Best Buy to peruse for ideas. Then there were my kids. The one store I found with toys had the equivalent of one side of a Target aisle for both boys and girls. The ToysRUs had nothing but toys for toddlers. Apparently Japanese kids don't like toys??? Couldn't buy video games because, you guessed it, all in Japanese. I spent days riding around the city and my night scouring Amazon JP. It all worked out, (it usually does) and Christmas was a success.
    I had to order a new computer and a week after my new semester started it arrived. Japanese keyboard and all. I did choose this, it wasn't a mistake, but had I known the American punctuation was going to shifted to other keys I may have rethought the decision. I am now relearning to type.  LOL. I can't complain too much because my new Macbook is amazing!!! I've spent the last few weeks with my nose in a medical terminology textbook, but I'm starting to get back in the swing of things.
   Long story short, I have some adventures and stories to get caught up on. Hang in there, they are headed your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment