Saturday, February 18, 2017

Have License Will Travel

Getting your Japanese drivers license is no small feat. I have heard horror stories of people failing 3 and 4 times. Now how is it adults that have been driving for numerous years manage to fail a driving test? Are American drivers really that terrible? I would say yes only because those drivers who can't get out of the fast lane drive me absolutely bonkers, but I digress that isn't why we are failing. We are failing the driving test because in Japan it isn't about the test. It's about the dance. Anyone that knows my husband can attest to his sheer determination to get what he wants. He watched videos, read blogs and did his research. He over-emphasized every mirror check and street check and wonder of wonders passed on the first try. Out of the 25 people in his group only 4 passed that day. They rest went home with their scan card to try again in 30 days. Yes they issue a microchip card that has all your info on it so you don't have to continue to fill out the paperwork every time you comeback to try your luck again.



Here we are on our first car ride. I will admit my hands were folded so tightly in my lap my knuckles were white, and I may have loudly inhaled 3 or 4 times when I was sure we were going to die, but we survived to drive another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment