Friday, February 24, 2017

Eating Crow

    Ok so remember a while ago when I went on a tirade about the dog prams??? Well I now see the logic in them. My beagle, Tucker, finally made it to Japan. It was a long awaited (7 months and mountains of paperwork) very happy day. Isn't he cute?!?

    About 3 days into apartment life with a dog, I caved a bought a dog pram. Thank you Amazon JP it was here within 24 hours of my order. Hypocrite, you say. Yup and proud of it.


Let me tell you carrying a wiggling 25 pound fur ball, down an elevator through numerous long hallways, through our bike area, up another elevator to the outdoors, was RIDICULOUS! Only for him to do his business and have to repeat in the other direction. Not only were my arms as sore as all get out, but I had enough dog fur on me to make another dog.  Why carry him? Well it's the rules. Animals can't walk around inside the common areas of the apartment building. Keeps them from stinkin' up the place. Understandable, just like the dog prams. Makes all the sense in the world now. However, and this is with a very big "H", my dog only rides in his pram in our apartment building. We park it in the dog pram parking area (yup my apartment has one), and he walks from there. I still see many people out for a daily stroll with their dogs in their carts. I am still holding firm to the ludicrousness of this activity.

Now on to his very trendy coat. In Japan people dress their dogs. You can't very well go walking around in front of the neighbors nakie. There are tons and I mean tons of dog clothing shops. I wish they had even a portion of as many kid's clothing stores, but they don't. I decided, when in Rome, right?!? I already picked up the pram, and thanks to my enabler of the best kind, mom, he has a very cute coat with boots.



No comments:

Post a Comment