Tuesday, November 8, 2016

All Things Big and Small

I have found there are a great number of size descrepancies in Japan aside from the people size, which is surprisingly more normal than I thought. I was afraid I was going to be a giant, but not the case. I fit right in although there have been times I have been able to see very clearly a head above everyone else in the subway car. I'm off track, here are some size issues I have found.
The Japanese king size mattress fit into my US king bed frame with a cool 2-3 inches all the way around to spare. Luckily my real mattress showed up a few days later.
I bought a broom from Amazon Jp. Most of the info was in Japanese even after translation (go figure) but this is what showed up. I laughed so hard! All brooms are not created equal and this little one is guaranteed to leave you hunched over for the day. I had to have my daughter sweep until my real broom came.
Dishwasher tabs. Why do we have such big dishwasher tabs in the states? My dishwasher is the same size here and cleans just as well with less soap. Hmmm...
Now that is a backpack!
The cup on the left is a small, and the one on the right a large. The hand is my son's. There is a major problem with this picture. I want my 99 cent large 40 oz diet coke please! I'd have to order 3 or 4 to get equivalent of a US large. Maybe this is why we are overweight as a nation. Food for thought...to be continued.






No comments:

Post a Comment