Friday, November 11, 2016

7-Eleven: It's What's for Lunch.

Lunch at 7-Eleven sounds absolutely disgusting, right?!? Well in Japan that is so not the case. It is the place to go get a quick, yummy, inexpensive meal. First step: Pick your poison.
There are a ton of options to choose from. Some I was able to figure out upon inspection others not so much. I wasn't feeling adventurous today and I went with a four cheese pasta bowl. After paying you go and wait in the queue for turn at the microwaves. The hoity toity 7-Elevens will microwave your dish for you. I went to the regular peeps one today.

Now there are a slew of Hiragana characters on the wrapper. I was already googled out for the day (and it was only lunchtime) but I needed to know how long I needed to cook my meal. Not only that but if you look at the microwaves they are not normal. So, I smiled sweetly at the guy next to me in line and asked for help. He smiled back and made my lunch for me. Love that Japanese kindness!
Voila! My lunch, with a soba tea cost me all of $5. It was actually really yummy. 7-Eleven, who knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment